Shamanismpublic - created 09/22/03
A tribe for students, shamans, and those interested in shamanic practice.
Shamanism is an anthropological term referencing a range of beliefs and practices regarding communication with the spiritual world. A practitioner of shamanism is known as a shaman
Shamanism encompasses the belief that shamans are intermediaries or messengers between the human world and the spirit worlds. Shamans are said to treat ailments/illness by mending the soul. Alleviating traumas affecting the soul/spirit restores the physical body of the individual to balance and wholeness.
The shaman also enters supernatural realms or dimensions to obtain solutions to problems afflicting the community. Shamans may visit other worlds/dimensions to bring guidance to misguided souls and to ameliorate illnesses of the human soul caused by foreign elements. The shaman operates primarily within the spiritual world, which in turn affects the human world. The restoration of balance results in the elimination of the ailment.
Therefore all discussion posts should be in alignment with this explanation. This is not the place to discuss psychic readings, yoga, space invaders, video games, etc., unless said topics directly relate to shamanism.
1. Advertising of any kind is not accepted in the general discussion area, Please post shamanism related events and listings in the proper place, which is the "Events" section. Things for sale should be posted in the "Listings" section. Advertising, even if camouflaged as a discussion post, will be immediately deleted from the "Discussion" area.
2. Be nice. Be respectful.
3. Posts that are overly confrontational will be deleted. No flaming, flame baiting, name calling, or posts in anyway disrespectful of others. These will be deleted.
4. Avoid obscene language, especially if directed at others. Posts that use obscenity directed at others or gratuitous obscenity will be deleted. Posts that link to sites that use obscenities against others or defame others by nature of race, religion, and/or belief (e.g. "hate sites") will be deleted.
5. Stay on the topic of discussion as much as possible. If you wish to go off topic, start a new discussion.
6. Please avoid discussion of illegal activity according to the laws of the country in which you reside. Topics that are illegal - e.g. use of sacred medicines - should be hypothetical. This is not the place to discuss dosage, extraction methods, etc.
7. Posts that defame or criticize another person will be deleted unless the community deems such posts to be important for the safety and well being of others. Please be mindful that personal attacks and threats may subject you to legal liability.
8. If you feel a post or topic violates any of the above guidelines, please PM the moderator rather than further magnifying the situation.
9. If the above guidelines are willfully ignored you will be warned. If you continue to violate the guidelines you will lose permission to post in this tribe for 2 weeks. If the offense is repeated, you will lose membership for 1 month. If it is repeated again, you will be permanently banned from posting here.